Scott Irby has a trial-oriented practice and focuses his attention on mass torts, complex commercial litigation, real property, products liability and intellectual property disputes. Scott has served as lead trial counsel, in both state and federal courts, representing individuals and companies alike.
Scott spends much of his free time with his wife, Kathryn, and their three children, playing sports and enjoying the outdoors. In between work and family life, he volunteers with Our House, is on the Board of the Arkansas Bar Foundation, and supports other charities through his involvement with Central Hope Church of Little Rock.
Scott began his professional legal career as law clerk to Senior United States District Judge G. Thomas Eisele. After two years with Judge Eisele, he joined Wright Lindsey Jennings and has developed a reputation as an exceptional and respected litigator.
Some of Scott’s more recent experience includes:
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline.
- Trial counsel for a major agricultural company in multimillion dollar negligence cases.
- Lead counsel for a food service provider in a wrongful death action.
- Lead counsel for an automobile manufacturer in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an aerodynamics company in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an agricultural insurance company in breach of contract and bad faith actions.
- Trial counsel for a chemical packaging company in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an engineering company in a wrongful death action.
- Lead trial counsel for a hunting club in a real property dispute
- WLJ e-Discovery Solutions team member, handling review and production of electronically-stored information (ESI) in complex litigation.
Scott is a member of the Arkansas and Pulaski County Bar Associations and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. He is recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers in Class Action and Mass Tort. Since 2018, Scott has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants. He was named the Best Lawyers’ 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” in the Little Rock area in the category of Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants.