David Jung has a trial-oriented practice with a focus on defending physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers against malpractice claims. Additionally, Jung handles construction and product liability matters. His recent experience includes:
- Co-trial counsel for an emergency medicine physician’s employer in a medical malpractice case involving a ruptured brain aneurysm, which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital and its nurses in a medical malpractice case involving an alleged permanent brain injury resulting from hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
- Obtained dismissal for a licensed home inspector who was alleged to have negligently inspected a high-value residential property.
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital and its nurses in a medical malpractice case involving orthopedic surgery on a pediatric patient.
- Co-trial counsel for a physician in a medical malpractice case involving the deaths of a pregnant patient and infant, which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Obtained summary judgment for pulmonologist in a medical malpractice case involving a death.
- Obtained dismissal for a hospital and its nurses in a medical malpractice case involving acute limb ischemia that was alleged to have led to the patient’s death.
David’s busy work schedule is only surpassed by his home schedule, where he, his wife, and their two kids enjoy sports of all kinds, hiking, camping and volunteering at St. Andrews Anglican Church.
Jung is an active member of the American Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Pulaski County Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. Jung has presented on healthcare liability issues for providers, risk managers, and adjusters. He has also presented on health insurance issues for employers. Jung’s formal publications include:
- David C. Jung, Note, Solidifying Arkansas’s Liquidated Damage Law After S.O.G.-San Ore-Gardner v. Missouri Pacific Railroad Co.: It’s not all Water under the Bridge, 35 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 389 (2013)
- David C. Jung, Symposium Note, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: A Constitutional Analysis, 35 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 543 (2013)
- David C. Jung, Can True Parity Really Be Achieved? A Proposal for Behavioral Health Advance Directive Statutes with Bite, Ark. J. Soc. Change & Pub. Serv., Sept. 3, 2013
In 2017, Mid-South Super Lawyers named Jung a “Rising Star” in medical malpractice, personal injury, and products liability defense.
Jung is a member of St. Andrews Anglican Church, through which he actively works with the students, families, and staff of Wilson Elementary School in Little Rock, Arkansas. He is also a member of The First Tee of Central Arkansas Board of Directors.