John William (Bill) Spivey III has practiced with the firm for more than 40 years in a number of areas, including commercial real estate, zoning and land use, municipal and corporate finance, municipal government, banking and finance, and acquisitions. He formerly served as Team Leader for the firm’s Business Team and as the firm’s Financial Partner.
Bill also finds time to devote his energies to various community activities, including Methodist Family Health, Camp Aldersgate and the Mabelvale Youth Association.
Spivey’s recent experience includes:
- Counsel to major real estate development firm in connection with its land use and zoning proposals before local planning commissions and city governments.
- Counsel to largest library system in the State in connection with acquisition, development and financing of multiple location library system throughout Pulaski and Perry Counties.
- Counsel to a number of county and municipal governments on a variety of municipal law and finance issues.
- Counsel to several Arkansas banking associations and holding companies in connection with lending, corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- Counsel to non-Arkansas based clients in connection with acquisition of hotel, multifamily, commercial and office properties within the State.
- Represents sellers and buyers of agricultural and timberland properties and related businesses, including tax-free exchanges, qualification for government programs and tax legislation.
Spivey is a member of:
- American Bar Association and its Business Law, Local Government and Real Estate sections
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
Spivey has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©, Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Mid-South Super Lawyers. He has been named the Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” in the fields of:
- Public Finance Law, Little Rock (2019);
- Public Finance Law, Little Rock (2016);
- Real Estate Law, Little Rock (2014);
- Municipal Law, Little Rock (2013); and
- Real Estate Law, Little Rock (2009).
He has received an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating through LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings.
Spivey has also been active in a number of community organizations and foundations.