Carson is an accomplished litigator whose practice covers a wide range of litigation, including defending both individuals and businesses in medical and professional liability claims, products liability claims, premises liability claims and workers’ compensation defense. Although Carson routinely serves as lead counsel at trial, he represents clients in all phases of the litigation process including motion practice, discovery and appeals. He has successfully tried cases throughout Arkansas and represents regional, national and international clients in state and federal courts.
Carson’s more recent experience includes:
- Obtained directed verdict in favor of hospital in a jury trial arising out of claims that hospital failed to maintain its property in a reasonably safe condition.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial on medical malpractice claim arising out of the alleged negligent handling of patient in the emergency room.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of national pharmaceutical company in drug liability action alleging its product resulted in significant personal injuries to plaintiff.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims on behalf of computer company in product liability action alleging plaintiff’s home burned down as a result of a defectively designed computer.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims prior to trial for a hospital-service company in a personal injury action alleging it was negligent in transporting patient to surgery.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on behalf individual driver in lawsuit arising over automobile collision.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims prior to trial for national-convenience store in a products liability case alleging it supplied defective gasoline.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing a medical malpractice claim filed against a hospital for allegedly failing to appropriately diagnose and treat plaintiff’s neurological problems.
Carson is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association (2014-2017 House of Delegates and Mock Trial Committee member), the Pulaski County Bar Association (2017-2019 Board of Directors), the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, and the Defense Research Institute. Tucker also served as a contributing editor to Products Liability Defenses: A Fifty State Compendium, Arkansas chapter (Defense Research Institute) and Workers’ Compensation Laws: Arkansas, Practical Law-Labor & Employment.
He has presented frequently on personal-injury related issues. His presentations include: “Recent Developments in Arkansas Medical Malpractice and Products Liability;” “An Overview of Arkansas Medical Malpractice Law,” “Using Medical Records to Prove Your Case;” and Ethical Guidelines of the Tripartite Relationship.” Carson has also repeatedly been named to Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of medical malpractice and personal injury defense.
A Barrister in the William R. Overton Inn of the American Inns of Court, Carson also serves as a member of VOCALS (Volunteer Organization Center of Arkansas Legal Services) program, Arkansas Children’s Hospital (Committee for the Future) and Arkansas Easter Seals (Committee for Independence). Carson is also active in his church and is a devoted husband and father.