John Davis represents employers in the areas of labor and employment law and workers’ compensation defense. He spends a considerable amount of his time advising clients in connection with a variety of employment-related matters, including terminations, severance agreements, wage and hour issues, union avoidance, union negotiations, arbitrations, personnel policies and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. In addition, Davis frequently appears before the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission on behalf of insurance carriers and self-insured employers.
Davis’s recent experience includes:
- Assisting a client in negotiating contracts to supply biomass feed stock to alternative energy companies in the U.S. and overseas.
- Representing a client in an audit conducted by the United States Department of Labor (Wage & Hour Division) where no penalties or back wages were assessed.
- Successfully defending a client in a controverted workers’ compensation claim where an employee alleged he was permanently and totally disabled because of a back injury.
Davis is a frequent seminar speaker on employment law and workers’ compensation topics, including employment discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the defense of workers’ compensation claims.
Davis is a member of the American Bar, Arkansas Bar and Pulaski Bar Associations, as well as the Arkansas Human Resources Association.
Davis has received an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings and has also been named to:
- The Best Lawyers in America (Labor and Employment Law and Workers’ Compensation, 1997-2016; Labor Law-Management and Administrative/Regulatory Law (2014-2016)
- Chambers USA (Labor and Employment Law, 2006-2015)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2011-2015)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Business Edition (2012-2015)