Eric Berger’s practice includes business matters and commercial litigation. Within his litigation-oriented practice, Berger also handles insurance defense cases and practices in the areas of products liability, professional liability, coverage disputes, construction disputes, banking matters, collection cases and creditors’ rights in bankruptcy.
Berger’s more recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel in inter-creditor banking disputes and major foreclosure matters;
- Lead counsel in multiple construction litigation cases;
- Lead counsel in indemnity matters for a major surety and insurance company;
- Lead counsel for a major insurance company in connection with coverage disputes including in connection with professional errors and omissions policies;
- Lead counsel for a property developer in engineering negligence dispute;
- Trial counsel for insurance agents and attorneys in professional liability cases;
- Trial counsel in aircraft dispute matters;
- Counsel in trademark and copyright disputes;
- Lead counsel in oil and gas matters including representation of major oil company in ownership disputes;
- Lead counsel in multiple collection matters; and
- Lead counsel in multiple creditors’ rights cases in bankruptcy.
Berger is a member of the Arkansas Bar Association, the Washington County Bar Association and the Benton County Bar Association.
Berger was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in their 2020 and 2021 editions in the Commercial Litigation category. In 2004, Berger received the Ethics Scholar award from the Arkansas Bar Foundation. He has also been named as a “Rising Star” by Mid-South Super Lawyers every year since 2009 in the field of business litigation.