Medical Marijuana & Industrial Hemp
- Admiralty, Maritime & Shipping
- Banking & Financial
- Charitable and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Governmental Relations
- Medical Marijuana & Industrial Hemp
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate & Development
- Regulated Industries
- Startups & Technology
- Trucking & Transportation
- Utility & Municipal
We offer experienced counsel and representation on every aspect of cannabis in emerging markets.
Our attorneys have been helping clients navigate the emerging medical cannabis industry since the end of 2016, with a focus on regulatory guidance, legislative lobbying and employment concerns.
Arkansans with active medical marijuana ID cards as of December 2021.
2016 WLJ founded cannabis practice
We help clients navigate the diverse range of issues raised by the evolving medical cannabis industry.
For 120+ years, we’ve helped clients prepare for growth.
Whether you are a cultivator, processor or dispensary, or an Arkansas-based employer, we can guide you through this uncharted legal landscape.View all attorneys
Little Rock, AR
Stuart is one of the most highly regarded employment attorneys in Arkansas, whose focus as of late has been on pandemic-related employment issues (including vaccine mandates), managing medical and potentially recreational marijuana in the Arkansas workplace and defending collective and class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Arkansas Minimum Wage Act.firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more
Send Stuart a message!
Cal’s corporate and transactional practice encompasses an extensive range of business, tax and legal matters, including mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, securities offerings and executive email@example.com Learn more
Send Cal a message!
Antwan D. Phillips
Little Rock, AR
Antwan is committed to the community. He is a Little Rock native and has dedicated his free time to serve a number of nonprofits that focus on improving the lives of children, public education, and overall quality of life in Little Rock. His community involvement has helped establish and grow his municipal governmental relations firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more
Send Antwan a message!
Erika Ross Gee
Little Rock, AR
Erika is an experienced government relations attorney, with contacts and experience throughout Arkansas state government. She regularly represents clients with issues before the Arkansas Pharmacy Board and has developed a specialty in medical email@example.com Learn more
Send Erika a message!
Michelle M. Kaemmerling
Little Rock, AR
Michelle is committed to helping businesses navigate all issues that arise under employment laws, many of which can significantly impact a company’s reputation, culture and financial success. Her focus is on practical advice tailored to each client’s specific firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more
Send Michelle a message!
Since Arkansas legalized medical marijuana in November of 2016, a multi-disciplinary team of attorneys began working to advise our clients on the diverse range of issues raised by the emerging program. We offer experienced counsel and representation on every aspect of medical marijuana in Arkansas, including:
- Updating employment policies and HR practices;
- Advising traditional businesses on issues raised by transactions with a medical marijuana business;
- Assisting in the application process for a medical marijuana business license;
- Representing medical marijuana businesses before city, county and state government regulatory bodies
- Representing entities or potential investors in a medical marijuana-related business investment, including securities compliance; and
- Advising medical marijuana businesses on state tax compliance, Section 280E and other tax implications.
For employment-related medical marijuana issues or concerns, contact:
For all other medical marijuana matters, contact:
- In the Workplace 2018: Getting Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Appellate Decision Leaves Cannabis Credit Union in a Haze
- The State of Medical Marijuana
- Medical Marijuana Employment Bill Passed by General Assembly; Awaits Governor’s Signature
- Investing in Medical Marijuana is a High Risk, High Reward Venture
- Legislative Update: Medical Marijuana Legislation
- Medical Marijuana: A Headache for Arkansas Employers in 2017?
- How Arkansas Will Implement Medical Marijuana
- How Arkansas’ 2 Medical Marijuana Proposals Differ
Disclaimer: WLJ advises its clients on state laws regarding medical marijuana in order to facilitate compliance with those laws. Although Arkansas has decriminalized the possession, sale, and distribution of marijuana by individuals and entities that have obtained appropriate licensure from the state, the conduct decriminalized under state law remains illegal under federal law, including but not limited to the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. § 801 et seq. Federal enforcement policy may at times defer to state law in not enforcing conflicting federal laws, but businesses and individuals should be aware that compliance with state law in no way assures compliance with federal law, and there is a risk that conflicting federal laws may change or be enforced in the future.