John Davis represents employers in the areas of labor and employment law and workers’ compensation defense. He spends a considerable amount of his time advising clients in connection with a variety of employment-related matters, including terminations, severance agreements, wage and hour issues, union avoidance, union negotiations, arbitrations, personnel policies and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. In addition, Davis frequently appears before the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission on behalf of insurance carriers and self-insured employers.
Davis’s recent experience includes:
- Assisting a client in the purchase of its competitor.
- Representing a client in an audit conducted by the United States Department of Labor (Wage & Hour Division) where no penalties or back wages were assessed.
When he is not working with Mid-South employers, John spends time with his wife and together they enjoy their two young grandchildren and tending to a pecan orchard on a family farm.
Davis is a frequent seminar speaker on employment law and workers’ compensation topics, including employment discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the defense of workers’ compensation claims.
Davis is a member of the American Bar, Arkansas Bar and Pulaski Bar Associations, as well as the Arkansas Human Resources Association.
Davis has received an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings and has also been named to:
- The Best Lawyers in America (Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2013-2019; Employment Law-Management, 1995-2019; Labor Law-Management, 2011-2019; Litigation-Labor and Employment, 2011-2019; and Workers’ Compensation Law-Employers, 1997-2019);
- Chambers USA (Labor and Employment Law, Employee Benefits and Compensation, 2006-2019);
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2011-2017); and
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Business Edition (2012-2015).