Paul Morris has a trial and litigation practice centered on product liability defense, professional liability defense, appellate advocacy and class action/mass tort defense. In addition to defending both large and small companies in product liability cases, Morris represents architects, engineers, attorneys, medical care providers and insurance professionals in malpractice and negligence actions. As a partner in the Northwest Arkansas office, he also regularly assists in commercial litigation and other business disputes. He also has argued before the Arkansas Supreme Court and Arkansas Court of Appeals and frequently prepares appellate briefs for the firm’s clients across practice areas.
Morris’ more recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel for an engineer in a wall collapse case;
- Lead counsel for an importer in a trade dress infringement suit;
- Lead counsel for an engineer in a wrongful death case involving a trench accident;
- Lead counsel for an architect in a wrongful death case involving an assisted living facility;
- Lead counsel for an importer involved in a Consumer Product Safety Commission recall;
- Lead counsel for an attorney in a malpractice action involving a personal injury plaintiff;
- Lead counsel for an oil rig services company in a wrongful death case; and
- Counsel for a major American automobile manufacturer in multiple wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases.
Morris is an active member of the Defense Research Institute, through which he served as the organization’s Arkansas representative. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, the Benton and Washington County Bar Associations and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. He is also active in the W.B. Putman American Inn of Court.
Morris has received an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (www.martindale.com/ratings). He has been continuously named a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation since 2009. He was named as a “Rising Star” in the 2009-2012 editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers and was also recognized by the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal in its 2010 “40 Under 40” list of business and community leaders in the area.