Michelle Kaemmerling has been practicing with Wright Lindsey Jennings since relocating to her hometown of Little Rock in 2001. Her practice focuses on employment counseling and litigation, including class actions and collective actions. Kaemmerling regularly provides advice and training regarding employment law compliance. In addition to her employment practice, Kaemmerling leads WLJ e-Discovery Solutions, the firm’s electronic discovery division. She also serves in firm management as leader of the Labor & Employment team.
Kaemmerling’s more recent experience includes:
- Conducting numerous internal investigations for local and national companies involving sensitive issues relating to executives and senior managers.
- Managed collection, review and production of more than 1 million documents in a group of related lawsuits, including a class action suit.
- Lead counsel for a restaurant franchisee and a utility locator in collective action lawsuits alleging wage and hour violations.
- Lead counsel for an international retailer in several lawsuits alleging discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Lead counsel in numerous EEOC charges and lawsuits against public and private employers—including hospitals, retailers and manufacturers—involving violations of various federal antidiscrimination laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.
- Representation of physician management company, including drafting physician employment contracts.
In 2019, Kaemmerling was appointed to the Inclusion Subcommittee of Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott, Jr.’s Transition Team. Since 2015, Kaemmerling has served on the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Model Jury Instructions-Civil. Kaemmerling is a past chair of the Arkansas Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section. She has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Labor & Employment and as a “Leader in their Field” by Chambers USA each year since 2010. Best Lawyers recognized Kaemmerling in the areas of Employment Law-Management and Litigation-Labor and Employment. Kaemmerling is a graduate of the 2008-2009 class of Leadership Greater Little Rock.