Kimberly Wood Tucker has been engaged in the practice of law for twenty-eight years. Her current practice is focused on bankruptcy, defense of claims brought against creditors and debt collectors, and other areas of commercial litigation. Her bankruptcy practice includes the representation of creditors in business and consumer cases, Chapter 7 Trustees and creditors committees, and debtors in Chapter 11 cases. She also defends creditors and debt-collectors in actions brought under the FDCPA, and various other consumer protection laws.
Tucker’s more recent experience includes:
- Counsel for creditors holding PACA and administrative priority claims in several large Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Local counsel for mortgage lenders in a number of actions, including putative class actions, brought by governmental entities and consumers.
- Preference defense for creditors against whom preference demands have been made.
- Representation of Trustees in recovery of fraudulent transfers.
- Lead Counsel for creditors and debt collectors in a number of cases brought by consumers in state and federal courts alleging violation of various consumer protection laws, including Born v. Hosto & Buchan, which was selected as Benchmark Litigation’s Arkansas “Case of the Year.”
- Debtor’s counsel in Chapter 11 proceeding of building supply company with seven Arkansas retail and wholesale locations.
She is a member of the American Bar Association in the Business Law Section; Arkansas Bar Association, where she has served on the Agricultural Law Committee; Pulaski County Bar Association; American Bankruptcy Institute; and is a past-president of the Debtor-Creditor Bar of Central Arkansas.
She was named to The Best Lawyers in America for banking and finance litigation law 2010-2016 and was honored as “2011 Benchmark Litigator of the Year” in Arkansas. She was named a Mid-South Super Lawyer for her work in Bankruptcy. Tucker has also served as a seminar speaker on various topics, such as bankruptcy law and federal farm benefits under the Department of Agriculture regulations.