Baxter Drennon is an experienced litigation attorney having served as lead counsel in hundreds of cases and as trial counsel in over a dozen cases. Drennon recently tried three cases in four months, all resulting in defense verdicts. Drennon is considered a leader among his peers. Since 2010, Drennon has served on the Steering Committee for the Defense Research Institute (DRI) Young Lawyers Committee. In 2018, Drennon serves as the Vice Chair of the more than 3,000 member Young Lawyers Committee and, in 2019, Drennon will serve as the Chair of that Committee. Through his involvement in DRI, Drennon is regularly called upon to write and present on issues related to litigation, law-practice management and products liability. Since 2013, Drennon has been annually named a “Rising Star” in litigation by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
Drennon often assists product manufacturers, including manufactures in the aerospace, automotive, heating & cooling, electrical component and vertical transportation industries, in the defense of their products. In addition, Drennon often advises businesses related to commercial disputes.
Drennon rounds his practice out by serving as counsel to several municipal water and wastewater entities. Through this experience, Drennon had an opportunity to serve as legal counsel in the first privatization of a water utility on a military installation in the State of Arkansas.
When he is not practicing law, Baxter enjoys spending time with his wife Allison and their two children, Anna Leigh (5) and Duke (1).
Drennon’s more recent experience includes:
- Trial counsel for an automobile manufacturer in a catastrophic personal-jury case;
- Trial counsel for a chemical applicator in a toxic exposure case; and
- Counsel for numerous insureds in personal injury and property damages suits throughout the State of Arkansas.
Drennon is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, the Pulaski County Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel.
Drennon currently serves as the Vice Chair of the DRI Young Lawyers Committee and the Chair of DRI’s Young Lawyer Task Force. Drennon is also on DRI’s national Membership Committee. In 2015, Drennon was recognized as an outstanding committee member for his work on the DRI Young Lawyers Committee.
- Post-Sale Duty to Warn Compendium, DRI – Forthcoming in 2018
- Business Development Training for Young Lawyers, DRI – 2017
- Networking: The No. 1 Predictor of Career Success – 2017
- Product Liability Case Law Update, DRI – 2012-2017
- Ethics in Mediation, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, 2016
- Best Practices for Electronic Marketing, 2016
- Product Liability Compendium, Arkansas Chapter, DRI, 2014
- Toxic Exposure in Arkansas: The “Chicken” Littered Case of Green v. Alpharma, Inc.,63 Ark. Law. Rev. 391 (2010)
- Ethical Pitfalls of Representing Friends and Family, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel – Forthcoming in 2018
- Best Practices for Involvement in State and Local Defense Organizations, 2017
- Ethics in Negotiation and Mediation, DRI, 2016
- Ethical Pitfalls of Informal Legal Representation, DRI, 2016