Stephen R. Lancaster
Steve Lancaster has a commercial litigation practice, primarily in the areas of breach of contract litigation, trust litigation, engineer and architect defense, gaming regulation, title insurance litigation and general commercial dispute resolution. Lancaster is the Managing Partner for Wright Lindsey Jennings and has been with the firm his entire legal career.
Lancaster’s more recent experience includes:
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline.
- Lead counsel for a ballot question committee in successfully challenging the sufficiency of a petition for an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Trial counsel for a national title insurance company defending against claims of lack of right of access to real property.
- Trial counsel for a limited liability company member in a breach of loyalty claim by another member seeking an accounting.
- Lead counsel in defending an architect against a breach of contract and negligence claim.
- Counsel for a nation-wide trust client defending breach of fiduciary duty claims by trust beneficiaries.
- Lead counsel in defending a national subcontractor in a claim brought by the owner of a commercial project.
- Counsel for a national entity on Arkansas gaming issues.
Best Lawyers has recognized Lancaster in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Real Estate and Litigation - Trusts and Estates. Best Lawyers has also named him "Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Litigation - Trusts and Estates as well as Litigation - Real Estate. Lancaster has also been recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers as one of the Top 50 Arkansas Lawyers and for his work in Business Litigation and by Chambers USA as a “Leading Individual” in the area of General Commercial Litigation. He has received an AV® Preeminent™ 4.9 out of 5 Peer Review Rating from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindalehubbell/ratings.
Lancaster is a past chairman of the Arkansas Supreme Court, Committee on Model Jury Instructions – Civil which is responsible for drafting model instructions for civil litigation in the State of Arkansas. Prior to practicing law, he worked as a Senior Consultant for KPMG Peat Marwick in Houston, Texas.
Lancaster is an active American Red Cross volunteer. Lancaster also serves on the board of Arkansas Hospice whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for those facing terminal illness.