Scott A. Irby
Scott Irby has a trial-oriented practice and focuses his attention on mass torts, complex commercial litigation, products liability, intellectual property and real property disputes. Irby has served as lead trial counsel, in both state and federal courts, representing individuals and companies alike.
Irby began his professional legal career as law clerk to Senior United States District Judge G. Thomas Eisele. After two years with Judge Eisele, he joined Wright Lindsey Jennings and has developed a reputation as an exceptional and respected litigator.
Some of Irby’s more recent experience includes:
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline.
- Trial counsel for a major agricultural company in multimillion dollar negligence cases.
- Lead counsel for a food service provider in a wrongful death action.
- Lead counsel for an automobile manufacturer in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an aerodynamics company in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an agricultural insurance company in breach of contract and bad faith actions.
- Trial counsel for a chemical packaging company in mass tort actions.
- Lead counsel for an engineering company in a wrongful death action.
Irby is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, the Pulaski County Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. In 2014 and 2015, Chambers USA recognized Irby as an "Up and Coming" attorney for his work in general litigation. He is recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers in Class Action and Mass Tort, and is a Benchmark Litigation "Future Star."