Michelle M. Kaemmerling
Michelle Kaemmerling has been practicing with Wright Lindsey Jennings since relocating to her hometown of Little Rock in 2001. Her practice focuses on employment and complex commercial litigation in state and federal court, including appeals. She has also represented a number of defendants in employment and consumer class action lawsuits. In addition to her litigation practice, Kaemmerling regularly advises employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment laws and develops personnel policies, employment agreements, covenants not to compete and other employment-related contracts.
Kaemmerling’s more recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel for national telecommunications company in lawsuit alleging violations of The Family and Medical Leave Act, including presentation of oral argument at the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel for a national entertainment company in several race discrimination lawsuits.
- Lead counsel in numerous EEOC charges and lawsuits against public and private employers, including several hospitals, involving violations of various federal antidiscrimination laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.
- Managed collection, review and production of more than 1 million documents in a group of related lawsuits, including class action suit.
- Co-counsel for a national equipment rental company in consumer class action.
- Co-counsel for a national retailer in consumer class action.
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline.
In 2015, Kaemmerling was appointed to the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Model Jury Instructions-Civil. Kaemmerling is a past chair of the Arkansas Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section. She has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Labor & Employment and as a “Leader in their Field” by Chambers USA each year since 2010. Best Lawyers recognized Kaemmerling in the areas of Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Union, Litigation - Labor and Employment. Kaemmerling is a graduate of the 2008-2009 class of Leadership Greater Little Rock.