Jane A. Kim
Jane A. Kim has practiced law since 2007. Her practice centers on defending employers in state and federal court litigation involving claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, 42 U.S.C. Sections 1981 and 1983 and state law claims involving trade secrets, non-compete agreements, arbitration agreements, wrongful discharge, the Arkansas Civil Rights Act and the Arkansas Minimum Wage Act. Kim also advises and provides training to employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws and develops personnel policies, employment agreements, covenants not to compete, and other employment-related contracts. In addition to her employment litigation practice, Kim works with members of the WLJ trial and business litigation teams on a variety of cases.
Kim serves as the firm's Chair of the Committee on Associates and is also fluent in Korean.
Kim’s more recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel for a national crop insurance company in a lawsuit involving an employment/non-compete agreement dispute and breach of fiduciary duty claim against a former agent.
- Lead counsel for a regional trucking company facing an age and gender discrimination lawsuit. The court granted the company's motion for summary judgment.
- Lead counsel for a regional automotive dealership group facing an age discrimination lawsuit.
- Co-counsel defending an Arkansas restaurant in wage and hour claims asserting both class and collective actions.
- Lead counsel in several EEOC charges alleging violations of federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline.
- Co-counsel for a ballot question committee in successfully challenging the sufficiency of a petition for an initiated constitutional amendment.
Kim has been recognized by Chambers USA as a "Leader in their Field" since 2016 and as "Up and Coming" in 2014 and 2015. She has been recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers as a "Super Lawyer" each year since 2013 in the area of Labor and Employment.
Additionally, Kim was named to the inaugural Arkansas Business list of "Women to Watch" in Central Arkansas and is a graduate of the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Greater Little Rock program, Class XXVI.
Kim is a member of the American Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Pulaski County Bar Association, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. Kim also serves as a contributing author to the Tort Law Desk Reference, A Fifty State Compendium, Arkansas chapter.